Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 8: My 21 Day Journal

We had an amazing time of sharing our stories about camp with our church. The response was overwhelming - people were really touched and excited to hear about what God had done. We need to remember that our church family is supporting us...sometimes teenagers feel like they're just looking down on them. But what from I've heard, I know for sure (even though I already knew this), that most people aren't watching to criticize.  They're just watching to see how God is moving.

But I think you need to go beyond just worrying about whether they're judging your behavior.  I think it would be even better if the young people in church SET THE BAR for everyone else! Why shouldn't they be the most committed, the most passionate, the most expressive in their faith and worship?  In your youth, you have natural energy to be active - so why not take that energy and put it to use by inspiring others through your life?

No comments: