Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 15: My 21 Day Journal

This week, a bunch of students are on a missions trip to the St. Louis Dream Center.  I'm SO excited for them! I had planned to go earlier in the summer, but I've given a lot of time to ministry, so I decided that it was important to give this month to my family.  Keeping the balance...

So while they're there, I'm praying some very specific things for them.  First of all, I'm praying that they are able to have a supernatural impact on lives of people who are in need of Christ.  I pray that the work they do will have ETERNAL significance.

The second thing I'm praying is that they will have another awakening in their spirit to the purpose that God has for them.  Some of them (not just the students; adults too) went down there with some big issues in life.  There are some struggles and distractions that have been sucking the passion out of their spiritual lives.  So I'm praying that they get a renewed focus on what's important, and continue to seek God about what He has in store for them.  He has a plan...but we have to seek Him and His Kingdom first...then He will add those other things that we want to know about.  "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you."  Easy to memorize - difficult to live out.

No comments: