Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 6: My 21 Day Journal

Boy it's hard to blog every day. Some people do that but I seriously don't know how. So this will be a 21 Day Journal - but not over 21 consecutive days.  :o)  (I'm sure lots of campers are doing the same thing.)

So we had this incredible testimony service on Sunday morning.  I have had multiple people comment to me about how powerful and moving it was. I seriously had the "camp intensity" as we shared what God had done at Kamp Kinship.  Worship before that was so anointed...and every student really shared from their heart.  Bre gave her 5 minute sermon and it was really a powerful time!!  It was SO good for the adult congregation to see the passion that students can have. I was able to ask them to raise the bar for their own lives so that our students would always feel comfortable in our church - that they could freely express themselves in ministry and in worship - that they would know they're loved even when they fail.  Most of the room was in tears for a good hour.  Praise God...

Then our senior pastor got up to close (we WERE the message this week), and we cried again.  He shared how he was transported back to age 16 while he listened to them.  He shared stories from his own camp experiences - times that were so powerful.  He shared how God called him to ministry at age 16.  He loved on the students and told them how proud he was.  It was just such an amazing time as a church family.  I've asked the students to be BOLD in their Christian life - that they're safe in our church.  I feel even better about that now.  I pray that even in their failure, the body of Christ will make a point to love on them and encourage them.  We are so blessed.  I know there are others who don't have a  supportive church, whose worship is full of life and exuberance, whose leaders don't make the effort to reach out to students.  I know that happens. But for those who have more - BE THANKFUL!!!

No comments: