Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fine Arts and Sunday

So, yesterday was the Fine Arts Festival/Spring Convention for the state of South Dakota. I would first like to say that Yankton kicked butt! Hunter's guitar solo got a Superior with Invitational and so did a drawing by Heidi! Emily's poem, Alisha's poem, Taylor's drawing, Payton's song, Hunter and Heidi's duet, Heidi's song, Bre and Briana's rap, and Bre's photo all got a Superior rating! Way to go Yankton!! We rock. Also Bre's drawing got an excellent...nice effort Bre! I know we will be bringing a bunch more things to Fine Arts next year. As I was sitting in Sioux Falls' youth room watching human videos, I just felt so jumbled up inside. I really wanted to bring a human video and a some drama's to FAF, but everyone knows that in the time we had to get ready, we could not have brought anything of real quality and I am not going to bring something there unless it is ready.

Also, there was worshiping and a great message about giving by Pastor Mark Entzminger. The praise and worship was so amazing! Everyone was jumping all around and raising there hands and giving praise to God. It was one of the funnest times I have ever had worshiping God in my life! I really feel bad for anyone who missed it, but that just means that you should all come up with us next year!

Pastor Mark's message was about doing something extraordinary and radical for Speed the Light. Pastor Mark and his wife are giving up all the money they were saving for a new car. Sacrifice. I am giving up 25% of whatever I make to Speed the Light this year. Sacrifice. Pastor Annette is doing something amazing that is a strain on her body. Sacrifice. What are you willing to sacrifice to further the kingdom of God? Is the glory of God and salvation not worth an extra hour of work or giving up your allowance for a month and just giving that to Speed the Light?

On to Pastor Randy's sermon today. He talked about family's and loving your children but there is something huge in there that I hope that you guys picked up on. He talked about the Columbine shootings and how one of the boys, Dylan i think, was reaching out. He went to a youth group at a church and was a quiet and shy person. He did not talk to anyone and no one talked to him and, according to his journal, this made him feel even more rejected than he was already feeling. Guys, he did not ask for anyone to help him, he did not jump up in the middle of service and scream, "I need help! Can you guys help me!" That is not the way it happens in the world. When someone comes to youth group, great them. Ask them how there doing, get to know them. Just those simple greetings can mean the world to someone and I'm talking from experience here.

Well, that's all I have for today. Until I think of something else to blog about...

No comments: