Thursday, February 19, 2009

About Love

Well this is my first time blogging, so here it goes.
I know that so many of your lives have been affected in someway or another by divorce, and I am sorry. I am sure that when you hear the statistics of 50% of marriages end in divorce you may wonder why try. But I want to encourage you with a little testimony from 'my life'.
First some background, Keevin's parents were married over 45 years when his dad passed away; and my mom and dad celebrated 47 years together last fall. We are both thankful for these examples in our life.
Keevin and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage this May. One of the key bible verses that we started our marriage on is Ecclesiastes 3:12 (TLB) "A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." We were not two people getting married but we were three. We invited God to be that third strand. We wanted Him to be first in our marriage. We wanted His guidance in all we did and still do today. Does that mean the past 25 years has been a piece of cake - no; but, it has been good. And we look forward to the next 25.
Don't get me wrong I am not bragging in any means - I just want you to be encouraged.
I pray that in your search for that special someone that you will remember this bible verse 2 Corinthians 6:14 (TLB) "Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can goodness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?"

1 comment:

Netmarie said...

That was a GREAT comment! Definitely something I didn't emphasize enough - thank you for pointing that out!!!