Monday, August 10, 2009

Overflow Story - Hunter


I read the overflow book on the plane ride to California(like 5 days after camp) and i was definetly gonna do something. I knew i was gonna work this summer with my grandfather as a laborer in his landscaping buisiness. I started praying about what to do with the money i was going to make, and i didnt really feel anything. I was pretty dissapointed, i wanted to do something AWESOME for god. I wanted to be one of those awesome stories in that little black and white book. But i was super conflicted, i only owned one guitar and a small amp, and i wanted an acoustic guitar, or a piano, or an amp, or alot of other things that i didnt have for music. then my paycheck got drained pretty bad, i had to give some cash to my mom because of a phone bill thing, my tithe took more out of course (but i knew that was gna happen :D) and i blew my first hundred or so on a new skateboard(idiot) then my mom texted me asking about the 9/9/09 thing. that took another hundred out, i was left with 280 dollars. Now for an amp, or a guitar, or a keyboard, thats pretty much nothing. I was REALLY dissapointed, i was only able to give 99 dollars for overflow,and doing that cost me getting an amp or a great pedals. we went to guitar center and i brought my 280 with me.we went into the acoustic room. i picked up a Takamine G series eg540SC (dragonfly) it was 349 dollars. i loved the sound acousticly, we plugged it in and it sounded great. My dad said he'd pay for the rest. Then after the clerk rang it up and went to get a bag, i looked at what the list price was, 899 dollars! we had a 10% off coupon, and there was a sale on it, but it came out to be a 61% discount!i got a 900 dollar acoustic-electric guitar, that was the exact color and sound i wanted, for 350 roughly 350 dollars! God blessed the sacrifice, and i had already given up on getting a guitar! Another thing that amazed me after i thought about it, was that at camp god laid on my heart to leave a great non-christian band to do something more ministry related. When i first realized it i cried. i loved being in that band and everyone i was with were awesome guys to hang around with. God honored that by giving me the guitar i had day-dreamed about getting(yes i did. lol i am aware of how lame that is) I nearly wept after I realized the blessings i had gotten, just by obeying him! He has opened many doors musicially for me since then, and i'm trying my hardest to grow closer to him. This road sucks sometimes. but its SO much better to walk on :D anyways, this is pretty long and i figure i should end with, if your dissapointed in what your overflow puts out, the amount, or whatever your using, its not about the amount, its the sacrifice, and your heart that blesses god and makes him want to bless you.

No comments: